Thursday, June 20, 2013

Evil


Evil/Moonblood - Fuck Peace! We're at War!
Southern Productions, 1999
Genre: Black Metal

Evil:
1. The Hammer Falls in the Southern Lands
2. Triumph of Sword
3. Horns Reflects on My Witchsteel
4. To Die with Honour and Loyalty
5. Let's Our Folk Prevails
6. Journey to the Ancient Battle-Times
Moonblood:
7. Burning in Hell
8. These Graves & Wooden Coffins are My Realm
9. The Quest After the Doctrines of Mighty & Wisdom



Side Moonblood: here
Side Evil:

Evil is a band that comes from Brazil and I have never heard this band before. They have an incredible amount of material.  This particular one comes with a pro-printed booklet on a dubbed tape (at least my copy is like this).  After hearing their material on this split I am not very inclined to explore this bands vast catalog.

Evil clearly fall into the raw and primitive spectrum of Black Metal.  They do try to have a sort of epic feel to their music, but I feel like it is marred by the very basic arrangements.  Some of the parts are not that bad, but in all the cases the vocals are absolutely atrocious.  They really did ruin a lot of any good experience I could have had with the project.  Usually primitive stuff doesn't turn me off much if it's well written, but Evil's work just comes across as so poor it's hard for me to get into.  Maybe their later efforts are better, but I am not going to explore them.  Surprisingly the best track on here is the last track and that was recorded back in 1995.  In 1995 they had better production, so I have no idea what's happened to this band in 1999.  Anyway, here's the best track on this album.  I really can't think of much else to say about this.


No comments:

Post a Comment